Wednesday, August 21, 2024

I wrote a goodbye to the Washington Post news paper

I will really miss parts of the Washington Post newspaper. What I will miss the most is the Saturday “Free For All” letters to the editor (FFA). Given the deterioration of the Post’s journalistic, editorial, writing standards, I have greatly enjoyed the submissions by readers who are so much more assiduous and professional than whomever the Post has working there now. How many times does one read a FFA submission and say, “DUH! I agree! That piece in the Post was a stupid thing to put into an international paper.” Typos and bad grammar aside, what is wrong with you? Political bias is an issue of… well, personal bias that we all have to deal with. However, to read exhaustive criticism of President Biden’s poor speech patterns and memory problems while not mentioning the firehose of lies, infantile taunts, insults, and insanity that spews from former president Trump every time he speaks, smacks of an agenda that isn’t “fair and balanced” (to quote the so-called news organization that calls itself Fox). I have noticed that you have hired important staff from Fox. I can only assume that you are copying their “successful” business model. They paid $875,500,000 in their admission that they lie, that’s why I don’t listen to them no matter what they say. Why would anyone? Keep it up and we’ll all wonder how much will you have to pay? Oh, and I’ll miss the comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment