Thursday, September 26, 2013

Crazy is as Crazy Does

Well I did it again.
I did something crazy, I gathered dried bean pods from our garden green beans that we’d ignored for the last 6 weeks.  I think about my friends Claudio and Cruz whenever I do this, and I’ve written about it before:


"People call me crazy doing what I’m doin’,   Well they give all kinds of advice, to keep me from ruin…”

This afternoon I spent a half hour gathering a gallon of dried bean pods (and I’ll spend at least an hour getting the dry beans out of the pods so that we can soak and cook them).  And I spent more just a little time picking individual beans out of the soil where they’d fallen, all the time bent over.  Many of these beans were smaller than any bean you have ever purchased, by the pound, by the bag, at the grocery store.

So am I crazy?  Maybe.  Unlike people like Ted Cruz, and Mitch McConnell the senators, who work tirelessly 120 days a year trying make sure that things don’t happen; I’ll work two or three hours and get a cup of beans to eat.  

You can call me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment